Yr Hen Lyfrgell offers people of all ages and background every opportunity to engage with the Welsh language and its vibrant culture through a wide range of activities in a contemporary and exciting public environment.
Yr Hen Lyfrgell on the Hayes IS Cardiff's first Welsh Cultural Centre. An unique opportunity to celebrate, use and hear the Welsh language in an iconic building at the heart of our capital city.
Open to all 6 days a week from morning until late offering:
– Full programme of activities co-ordinated by Tafwyl organisers, Menter Caerdydd
– Lively café bar and restaurant
– Live Welsh entertainment
– Bodlon shop selling the best Welsh gifts, homeware, books and cards
– Welsh learners daytime and evening courses by Cardiff University
– Performance stage for acoustic gigs, comedy and entertainment nights
– First class conference facilities
– Beautiful function rooms for hire
– Cardiff Story Museum
Yr Hen Lyfrgell on the Hayes, a new welsh language center in the Welsh capital. This is an opportunity to promote , celebrate and use the Welsh language in an iconic building in the heart of Cardiff.